I am available to help leadership teams and nonprofit boards with the following challenges:
- Designing your organization's next strategic plan
- Increasing collaboration and overall effectiveness through team coaching
- Engaging in creative problem solving with systems thinking
- Identifying barriers to organizational change with the Immunity to Change model developed by Harvard University's Lisa Laskow Lahey and Robert Kegan
- Increasing awareness of individual and team strengths and growth areas through the use of the Lumina Spark, Lumina Leader, and Lumina Emotion assessments
Assessment of organizational culture
Are you wondering what employees in your company really think about their work environment? How effectively does leadership communicate what employees need to know to do their jobs well? Are your organization's motivational strategies effective? What reduces employee morale and engagement? Through a combination of one-on-one interviews, focus groups, and surveys, I can provide a comprehensive description of your organization's culture, as perceived by those who work there.
Succession Planning for Nonprofit organizations
Nonprofit researchers predict a need for over 640,000 new nonprofit executives over the next ten years as long-term CEOs and Executive Directors retire. Unfortunately, however, only 6% of young nonprofit professionals express interest in becoming nonprofit executives. Why? Perceptions of limited compensation and benefits, challenging workloads, and feeling undervalued. Approximately 75% of nonprofit organizations do not have formal success plans in place, putting their mission and long-term sustainability at risk. I can help your organization overcome these challenges through the development of a succession management framework that touches all levels of the organization, preparing you for both emergency and planned leadership departures.
building gender diversity initiatives
Has your company tried to increase the number of women in leadership roles without success? Do you find yourself frustrated when you identify a high potential female employee and groom her for leadership, only for her to interrupt her meteoric rise by leaving the organization? I can work with your company to identify what works and what doesn't in your gender diversity initiatives and help you to implement programs based on best practices research.